What does the Coalesse Warranty cover?
This warranty applies to Coalesse products delivered in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Latin America, and the Caribbean. Coalesse, a division of
Steelcase Inc. (“Coalesse”), warrants that Coalesse, Brayton, Metro and Vecta brand commercial products are free from defects in materials or workmanship, for a period of (10) years, subject to the exceptions listed below. Coalesse will repair or replace with comparable product, at its option and free of charge, any product, part or component manufactured after November 16, 2009 that fails under normal use as a result of such defect. This warranty applies from the date of manufacture, regardless of shift usage and is valid only for the original purchaser.
All interior wood frames
Stacking chairs, wood veneer, metal chair frames, functional mechanisms such as dollies, carts and trolleys, seating components including controls, adjustment mechanisms, pneumatic cylinders, and tablet arm assemblies. For Emu outdoor frames warranty applies against invasive and perforating rust not deriving from scratches or abrasions due to use and which cannot be removed by normal cleaning and care.
High wear parts such as casters and glides, stocked fabrics and other stocked covering materials. For all fabrics and leathers (Designtex, Maharam, Luna, etc) originating manufacturer warranties apply.
Exposed wood frames.
Marker boards, electrical components (including task lights, power strips, harnesses, power blocks, outlets, data connectors, audio and video connectors and all tabletop devices), drawer and door mechanisms, keyboard supports, fiberglass panels, replacement parts, granite and glass top surfaces, and outdoor cushions.
This warranty does not apply to product failure resulting from:
• Normal wear and tear
• Failure to apply, install, or maintain products according to published Coalesse instructions and guidelines
• Abuse, misuse, or accident
• Alteration or modification of the product
• The substitution of any unauthorized non-Coalesse components for use in the place of Coalesse components in an integrated product solution; such substitute components include but are not limited to worksurfaces, leg supports, panels, brackets, shelves, overhead bins, and other integral components.
The following products and materials are not covered by this warranty:
• Products considered consumables (e.g. lamps),
• Customer’s Own Material (COM) or non-standard textiles and materials
• Variations occurring in surface materials (e.g. color fastness or matching grains, textures, and colors across dissimilar substrates and lots)
• Other manufacturer’s products, including Carl Hansen and Emu. Coalesse will pass through other manufacturer’s warranties where applicable and to the extent possible.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE SOLE REMEDY FOR PRODUCT DEFECT AND NO OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY IS PROVIDED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. COALESSE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING FROM ANY PRODUCT DEFECT.
What will Coalesse do?
Pursuant to this Limited Warranty, if a Product is defective in materials or workmanship, Coalesse will (i) repair or, at Coalesse’s option, replace the affected Product at no charge, or (ii) refund the purchase price for the affected Product if repair or replacement is not commercially practicable or cannot be timely made. In the event of a defect in materials or workmanship, these are your exclusive remedies.
A Product “defect” means an inadequacy in the materials or workmanship of the Product that (i) existed at the time when you received the Product from Coalesse or a Coalesse Authorized Reseller and (ii) causes a failure of the Product to perform under ordinary use in accordance with the materials and documentation accompanying the Product.
An “ordinary use” means use of the Product (i) in conformance with all applicable local, state or federal laws, codes and regulations (including without limitation building and/or electrical codes) and (ii) in accordance with manufacturer recommendations and/or instructions in the materials and documentation accompanying the Product.
A “Coalesse Authorized Reseller” means any dealer or retailer that (i) is legally permitted to conduct business in the jurisdiction where the Product is sold, (ii) is duly authorized by Coalesse to sell the Product, and (iii) sells the Product new and in its original packaging.
What is not covered by this limited warranty?
This Limited Warranty does not apply to Product failure or loss resulting from:
- Normal wear and tear
- Failure to apply, install, or maintain Products according to published Steelcase instructions and guidelines
- Abuse, misuse, or accident
- Alteration or modification of the product
- The substitution of any unauthorized non-Coalesse components for use in the place of Coalesse components in an integrated Product solution; such substitute components include but are not limited to worksurfaces, leg supports, panels, brackets, shelves, overhead bins, and other integral components
The following products and materials are not covered by this warranty:
- Products considered consumables (e.g., lamps), Customer’s Own Material (COM) or non-standard textiles and materials, Huddleboard™ Ledge Grabbers, Markerboard Grips, and Flip Chart Pegs
- Variations occurring in surface materials (e.g., colorfastness or matching grains, textures and colors across dissimilar substrates and lots)
- Other manufacturers’ products (Steelcase will pass-through other manufacturer’s warranties where applicable and to the extent possible)
This Limited Warranty does not cover consequential damages (for example, the cost of repairing or replacing other property that is damaged when your Product fails). This warranty does not cover transportation to and from the Authorized Reseller or Steelcase to get warranty service, loss of time, loss of use, or other incidental damages. The implied warranty of merchantability (an unwritten warranty that the Product is fit for ordinary use) is expressly limited to the duration of this Limited Warranty. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, or limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so these exclusions and limitations may not apply to you.
How do you get warranty service when the product is purchased through store.coalesse.com?
Please keep your original proof of purchase. Contact Coalesse Store Customer Service by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (877).473.1113., Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Eastern Time. We will either send you a replacement part for you to install or we will work with our local repair team to have your Product repaired.
How do you get warranty service when the product is purchased through a Coalesse authorized reseller?
Please contact the Authorized Reseller directly. Click here to see a complete listing of current retail store locations.
Click here to see a complete listing of current online locations.
How does state or provincial law apply?
This Limited Warranty provides specific legal rights, and you may have other rights, which vary, from state to state and province to province.